As a beginner in bodybuilding, weight training and fitness, you must first find your way around the flood of information and advice. First and foremost should be a solid training plan that is tailored to you and your athletic goals. In addition, you should deal with your diet and create a nutrition plan . If you have met these important basics, the question you might be asking yourself is whether it is important and right to take sports supplements and dietary supplements? In this post, we explain to you whether and which supplements are useful for beginners to support you in muscle building .
Do beginners fitness and bodybuilders even need nutritional supplements?
The range of sports supplements and dietary supplements is huge and confusing. Which of these makes sense anyway? And should beginners even take supplements? Basically for beginners – as well as for all other advanced bodybuilders and strength athletes, the following rules apply to effectively and long-term build muscle mass :
- Hard and intensive training sessions
- A well thought-out and professional training program , individually tailored to you
- A balanced nutrition plan to ensure an adequate nutritional balance
This is the third and last point where the Supplements come in: Dietary supplements can help you to achieve your nutritional goals and to supply your body regularly and adequately with all the important nutrients. Sports supplements for beginners are only a support for training and muscle building – they cannot do the hard work for you by miraculous work.
Accordingly, fitness and weight training beginners can also benefit from supplements. When it comes to supplements, it is best to stick to those science supported for both effectiveness and safety concerns. The following health supplements and supplements are all a beginner need to gain mass, maintain energy, and stay healthy.
Protein Supplements for Beginners
If there is one supplement that every bodybuilder – regardless of their level of experience – needs, it is protein powder . Taken before and after training, this supplement provides the amino acids that are needed for building muscle protein at the most critical time for growth. Whey protein powder, for example, is a good source of the BCAAs leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Leucine, an important stimulator of protein synthesis , sets the processes for building muscle protein in motion and uses the other amino acids as building blocks for the production of more.
Important advantages of protein supplements at a glance:
- Extra protein can lead to improvements in muscle size and strength.
- Drinking a quickly digestible protein source immediately before, during and / or after the training session will stimulate protein synthesis and thus regeneration .
- Provided that you have a healthy liver and kidney and that you are not drastically consuming excessively low-quality sources of fat, a high-protein diet can help you lose fat .
- Many strength athletes and bodybuilders who train hard report that they feel better when they take a protein supplement.
There are many different sources of protein . You can find an overview of the different types and their use in our article “The best protein powder for you”. For example, whey protein dietary supplements are digested quickly so that they get into the bloodstream and “get to work” quickly. Casein protein is digested more slowly, which has a time-releasing effect.
You should also find out when is the best time to take your protein supplement . Research has shown that taking the protein supplement BEFORE training can be slightly better than taking it after training. For example, you could have a shake before a workout and start sipping it, and continue drinking from it during the session.
Take 20 grams before training and another 20-40 grams after training.
Creatine Supplement for Beginners
Creatine is a naturally occurring amino acid found in meat and fish and produced by the body in the liver, kidneys and pancreas. Creatine is converted into creatine phosphate, which we use during high-intensity, short-term training , e.g. Use sprinting or heavy lifting as a source of energy .
Creatine has probably undergone more scientific studies than any other dietary supplement. The bottom line of these studies is that creatine supplementation leads to greater improvements in muscle size and strength than training without creatine. Creatine Supplements come in a variety of forms, from flavored powders to pills.
Important advantages of creatine supplements at a glance:
- Creatine increases the water weight in the muscles, which draws more fluid into the cells . This fluid causes the muscle cell membrane to stretch to signal an increase in muscle protein synthesis, resulting in true, long-term muscle growth .
- Creatine can increase muscle mass by around 4.5 kilos and muscle strength by more than 10%.
- Creatine also provides a quick source of energy to muscles to increase muscle contractions during exercise. In fact, creatine is a crucial energy component in muscle cells. If you have more of this energy available, you can complete more reps with a certain weight, which over time leads to an increase in muscle strength and size.
Depending on the creatine form, take 1 – 5 grams before and after training with whey protein.
Pre-workout booster for beginners
Especially at the beginning, many strength athletes and budding bodybuilders find it difficult to keep their training routines and to go to the full with every training session. There are always days when you are tired and unmotivated. Trainings Booster and Pre-Workout Booster developed.
The training boosters help beginners to implement their training plan and provide you with a lot of energy , increased focus and more pump during your workout! Pre-workout boosters shouldn’t be used for every training session, but should give you the appropriate kick on unmotivated days.
Take the booster 30-60 minutes before training.
Fish Oil Supplements for Beginners
Fish oil food supplements, which contain the essential omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), reduce the risk of heart disease and strokes, prevent muscle loss , help with regeneration and the growth of muscle n, improve the rebuilding of joint tissue and promote fat loss.
Consuming oily fish such as salmon several times a week may provide all the omega-3 fatty acids they need, but concerns about the levels of mercury and harmful PCBs in fish and environmental reasons lead many people to cut back on their fish consumption. High-quality fish oil food supplement l, in which over 50% of the total fish oil consists of EPA and DHA, are pollutant-free and can be taken without hesitation.
Take 2 – 6 grams daily in two divided doses with food.